Virginia Men's Gymnastics
Welcome to the Home of Virginia Men's Gymnastics.
This website is designed to be your one-stop source of information for everything related to men's gymnastics in Virginia. It will provide information on all Virginia gymnastics events as well as Regional and National events, and keep you informed about all aspects of the Men's USA-Gymnastics Program.
- April 29th, Hurricane Gymnastics, Chesapeake, VA. Session times for the Level 3-4 state meet are set. All sessions are on Saturday, April 29th. Level 4 D2 begins registration and open stretch at 8:00 a.m. Level 4 D1 registration begins at noon, and Level 3 registration begins at 4:30 p.m. Rotation schedules are posted below.
- Hotel information is available for the Level 3-4 State Meet on the State Championships tab.
- State Team Competition Clarification: For those who are unfamiliar with the state team competition, it is a separate competition from either the state or regional championships. The top 10 Level 5 (7-10 year olds) and top 10 Level 6 (8-11 year olds) from the State Championships will compete in BOTH individual competition at the Regional Championships in New Jersey, Apr 6-9, AND the team competition at West Point on Apr 23rd. The team competition is a Region VII competition for the title of Champion State Team. So, if your son is a level 5 or 6 (in the above specific age groups), and finishes in the top 10 at State, he will compete 2 more times this season. Note: If a D2 gymnast earns a spot in the top 10 in the above age groups, he may compete in the state team competition.
- Required forms for JO Nationals that must be brought to Regional Championships by coaches:
- Region 7 allotments to JO Nationals have been posted to the Qualifying Procedures tab. Link to Nationals website is now live.
- Scholarships: Did you know that USAG offers college scholarships? Applications are accepted once a year and are due by May 15. College bound high school seniors are welcome to apply. Program information and a link to the application can be found on the College Bound Gymnasts tab on the left.
State Director: Doug Lubking
One of the big things I’ve had to work on my whole life is how to manage my frustration. Ever since I was a little kid, I’ve been extremely competitive and I like to win. As a gymnast, the sport is so hard. You don’t learn things right away. It’s not one of those sports where you can jump up on the high bar and learn a new skill in one try. It takes a lot of time and patience. I used to get so frustrated when I couldn’t learn something, I used to throw fits when I was 12, 13 years old. I would cry when I couldn’t do something. I had to learn how to overcome that and be more patient and take my time. Now, I’m a much more disciplined person. I know how to be patient and take my time learning things.
~Jonathan Horton 2012
Use the Contact Us button to submit your favorite gymnast. Just send us a picture, the above vital statistics, and a brief paragraph and we'll do the rest.
Last Updated Apr 25, 2017
2017 JO Senior Class at State Championships
2017 JD Senior Class at State Championships
2017 State Championship JE Competitors
2017 JO National Championship Update
2017 Level 3-4 State Championship Update
- Congratulations to our Level 5 and 6 Boys State Teams. Both teams won 1st place in the Regional State Team Competition. Well done Athletes and Coaches!!! We are proud of all of you.
Level 5 Virginia State Team
Level 6 Virginia State Team