Virginia Men's Gymnastics
Welcome to the Home of Virginia Men's Gymnastics.
This website is designed to be your one-stop source of information for everything related to men's gymnastics in Virginia. It will provide information on all Virginia gymnastics events as well as Regional and National events, and keep you informed about all aspects of the Men's USA-Gymnastics Program.
- Coaches!! Region Championship entry procedures are posted on both the State and Region Championships tabs. Please read them carefully and bring required rosters with you to State.
- Level 5-10 State Meet Rotation Schedules are Posted. See the State Championships tab for the Level 5-10 State Meet session times and rotation schedules.
- If you haven't made reservations for the Regionals host hotel block, the deadline for the group rate is March 9th. Hotels in this area book quickly.
- State Coaches Meeting - There will be a mandatory coaches' meeting on Saturday night, Mar 11, following competition at Apollo. Dinner will be served. All gyms must have one representative present at the meeting.
- See the State and Regional Championships tabs for more details on each meet, to include qualifying scores and procedures, host hotels and tentative schedules.
- State Team Competition Clarification: For those who are unfamiliar with the state team competition, it is a separate competition from either the state or regional championships. The top 10 Level 5 (7-10 year olds) and top 10 Level 6 (8-11 year olds) from the State Championships will compete in BOTH individual competition at the Regional Championships in New Jersey, Apr 6-9, AND the team competition at West Point on Apr 23rd. The team competition is a Region VII competition for the title of Champion State Team. So, if your son is a level 5 or 6 (in the above specific age groups), and finishes in the top 10 at State, he will compete 2 more times this season. Note: If a D2 gymnast earns a spot in the top 10 in the above age groups, he may compete in the state team competition.
- Check out the new Senior's page to see where the Class of 2017 is headed to next.
- 2017 JO Nationals: Information is slowly starting to come in for JO Nationals. Orlando Metro is working to get the Nationals website up. As soon as it comes online, we will get a link added here. In the meantime, online hotel reservations are open, and the NCAA release form is up.
- Scholarships: Did you know that USAG offers college scholarships? Applications are accepted once a year and are due by May 15. College bound high school seniors are welcome to apply. Program information and a link to the application can be found on the College Bound Gymnasts tab on the left.
- We would like to recognize all our graduating seniors from 2016, many of whom are continuing to compete collegiately across the NCAA. We wish them the best and know they will succeed in whatever adventures await them.
State Director: Doug Lubking
One of the big things I’ve had to work on my whole life is how to manage my frustration. Ever since I was a little kid, I’ve been extremely competitive and I like to win. As a gymnast, the sport is so hard. You don’t learn things right away. It’s not one of those sports where you can jump up on the high bar and learn a new skill in one try. It takes a lot of time and patience. I used to get so frustrated when I couldn’t learn something, I used to throw fits when I was 12, 13 years old. I would cry when I couldn’t do something. I had to learn how to overcome that and be more patient and take my time. Now, I’m a much more disciplined person. I know how to be patient and take my time learning things.
~Jonathan Horton 2012
Use the Contact Us button to submit your favorite gymnast. Just send us a picture, the above vital statistics, and a brief paragraph and we'll do the rest.
April 6-9, 2017
Brookdale Comm. College
State Team Competition
Level 5/6 Top 10 at State
Apr 23rd, 2017
West Point, NY
April 29-30, 2017
Level 5-10, JD, JE
Mar 10-12, 2017