Virginia Men's Gymnastics
- Levels 5-10 April 6-9, 2017
Host location: Robert J. Collins Arena
Brookdale Community College
Lincroft, NJ 07738
Please click here to visit the 2017 Regional Championships website for the latest information.
Thursday, April 6, 2017
Session 1 AM Level 8 (11-12 Age Group JO and JE Optional routines)
Session 2 Afternoon Level 10 (15-16 and 17-18 Age Group JO and JE Optional routines)
Session 3 PM Level 9 (13-14 Age Group JO and JE Optional routines)
Friday, April 7, 2017
Session 4 AM Level 7 (All Ages Division 1 and 2) Session 5 Afternoon Level 8(13-14) Level 9(15-16) and Junior Development (12-14 and 15-18) Session 6 PM JE Technical Sequences (Level 8 (11-12), Level 9 (13-14), Level 10 (15-16 and 17-18)
Saturday, April 8, 2017
Session 7 AM Level 5 Athletes (Age groups and Divisions TBD) Session 8 Afternoon Level 5 Athletes (Age groups and Divisions TBD) Session 9 PM Level 5 Athletes (Age groups and Divisions TBD)
Sunday, April 9, 2017
Session 1 AM Level 6 Athletes (Age groups and Divisions TBD)
Session 2 Afternoon Level 6 Athletes (Age groups and Divisions TBD)
To qualify to compete in the Region 7 championships, a gymnast must achieve the following scores at their State Championships:
Compulsory Scores: All-Around Score
Level 5 Division 1
Level 5 Division 2
Level 6 Division 1
Level 6 Division 2
Optional Scores (JO Athletes) All-Around Score
Level 7 Division 1
Level 7 Division 2
Level 10 (17-18)
Level 10 (15-16)
* Note: For Level 10 JO gymnasts only. Any gymnast who does not qualify by the AA Score, but finishes in the top 5 on an event at their State Championships qualifies for that event only and may compete in that event only at Regional Championships. (This is how specialists may qualify to JO Nationals this year.)
Optional Regionals (JE Athletes):
Level 8 (Age 11-12)
Level 9 (Age 13-14)
Level 10 (Age 15-18)
Junior Elite Levels 8(11-12), 9(13-14), 10(15-16), 10(17-18)
Any athlete who performs Technical Sequences on 6 events at their State Championships automatically qualifies for and the JO and JE Optional Sessions on Thursday April 6, 2017 and the JE Technical Sequence session on Friday April 7, 2017. Athletes will declare at the end of Regional Championships their desire to pursue this avenue of competition at the JO National Championships if qualified.
2017 Region VII Championships
Optional and Compulsory Championships
Host hotel: Courtyard Marriott Tinton Falls
600 Hope Road
Tinton Falls, NJ 07724
Hotel block Info: Call 800-321-2211 and reference USA Gymnastics Competition Room Block. Block is good for reservations made before March 9th.
King: $118 2 Queens: $139 per night. Breakfast not included.
Coaches must bring an accurate and complete roster of al athletes who will attend Regionals if the qualify at State. Do not include athletes who you know will not attend Regionals even if they qualify. If forms are not filled out correctly the athletes will not be registered for Regionals. This is a time sensitive procedure.
Once your athlete has qualified to Region 7 Championships:
- 1. If an athlete obtains a qualifying score, we will automatically register him for Regionals.
- 2. Coaches must turn in one check per gym for $135 per JO athlete and $160 per JE athlete doing Tech Sequences($135+ $25) attending Regionals at the end of the State meet. Make the Check out to VA Boys Gymnastics. All fees received after state meet will be considered late and a $25.00 late fee will be assessed for each athlete being registered.
- 3. The entry fee (check) must be received by the conclusion of the State Meet or your athletes will not be registered for Regional Championships.
- 4.State Team Qualifiers - For those qualifying to the state team competition, they will need to confirm their ability to attend within one week of state meet completion.
- Any athlete you wish to petition into Regionals must have the proper forms filled out and documentation provided. You will need to follow the procedures listed in section 12 of the "Rules and Policies". Forms and policies can be found on the USAG website.
2017 Region Championships Entry Procedures